What We Do
- Offer a daily Bible study and free lunch (in partnership with local churches, restaurants and individuals).
- Provide financial assistance for those in crisis (utilities, medicine, gasoline/kerosene and other qualified items).
- Welcome Home Program - supplying beds, furniture, & other household items for those in crisis situations.
- Operate Joseph's Food Pantry to provide emergency food boxes and monthly food for the elderly.
- Clothing Closet
- Partner with area schools to help provide uniforms and needed items for low income children.
- Serve the homeless and those with no fixed address by providing shower and laundry facilities, and free monthly haircuts.
- Host the NC Baptist Men's Dental Bus - providing free dental care.
- Operate Finders Keepers, a resale store that sells discounted clothing, shoes, furniture, & household items.
- Pot Luck Drive - to collect pots, pans and other kitchen items (March).
- Throw In The Towel - to collect towels, washcloths, linens and other bedding items (October).
- Host Lord of the Harvest, a community Thanksgiving Dinner.
- Non-Perishable food drives held in Spring and Winter to help keep our pantry stocked.
- Collect Hygiene Items - we utilize hotel size items in our shower room and give full size items in our food boxes (soap, body wash, deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrush, etc.).
How You Can Help
We always welcome an extra set of hands!
We need financial assistance, food for our pantry, & donations for our resale store.
Cook & serve lunch at our daily Bible study.
Pray for our ministries and clients.
To provide spiritual and physical help and hope to those in need, with the encouraging and loving heart of Christ and without judgment or cynicism.
We aim to glorify God through our daily interactions with those who come through our doors with any and every need. We seek to share the gospel through our daily lunch and Bible study; offer financial support, emergency shelter, household goods and food assistance for those in crisis; and provide material and educational support for those seeking employment. As needed, we will accomplish our goals through strong partnerships with area churches and other Union County ministries and organizations.